The Association of Bridal Consultants has a great list of benefits and advancements. Here are just a few reasons to become a member:
- Education: The Association of Bridal Consultants holds education as a high standard in the industry. There are so many different programs you can take as a Wedding Planner, but few offer the standards ABC stands for. ABC offers a Professional Development Program which helps new Wedding Planners establish their Professional credentials. To find out more click ABC PDP. In addition, ABC has partnered with two great educational industry leaders with additional resources to advancing your knowledge in the industry: The Penn Foster Wedding Planner Program, and The Wedding Planning Institute a Division of Lovegevity Certified Wedding and Event Program. See which one is right for your advancement.
- ABC Educational Seminars: In addition to local state meetings, ABC offers Seminars throughout the country. Here are a few of the Seminars offered: World of Wedding Planning (WOW), Etiquette and Service Revival, Rehearsal to Reception Rx, Let Your Business Blossom, Building and Remodeling Bridal Business, Taking it To the Top, and many others. Also look out for ABC Fam Trips. Click Seminars to see if there is one near you.
- ABC Point System : Want to advance to another level in your career, then with the ABC point system you can monitor your growth. Click Career Growth to start.
- Sandals and Beaches program: ABC is proud to have a wonderful partnership with Sandals and Beaches to assist you in providing exciting destination weddings or honeymoons in the Caribbean. You must be an active ABC member to participate. Contact ABC Headquarters or look at our schedule for any upcoming Sandals Certification class.
- The "Miss Dorothy" Scholarship Award: Every year two scholarships are awarded to two Novice members to attend annual conference. If you qualify for this award, you may apply; you do not have to be nominated. As an avid believe in continuing education, Ms. Dorothy Penner comments " You cannot afford not to go to our annual conference. You learn too much. You have to be dead not to learn something." Submit your Application.
- The "Miss Dorothy" Heart Award for Passion and Excellence in the Industry: Has another ABC member helped you and your business? Show appreciation by nominating that ABC member for the Miss Dorothy Heart Award. Submit your Nomination.
- ABC Hotel Division: A program to assist you in getting great hotel rates for you clients. Contact the ABC Headquarter office for more information.
- Many More Benefits: Visit the main ABC website for additional member benefits. www.bridalassn.com
More Reasons to Join ABC...
Photo Credit: JS Visions Photo & Video